Skip to main content

The return of the grunge look - A collaboration fashion project with " I wore my style "


Have you guys checked the earlier post on the blog ? Click it right here and mail me your reviews .http://spotthetrend08.blogspot.in/2016/01/spot-trend-spots-i-wore-my-style.html?m=1 

This is the second collaboration shoot with the blog " I wore my style ".

 Fashion begins at a young age where the teen generation show a high degree of fashion awareness.
Those who convince themselves to have lack of interest in the fashion area eventually are compelled to tackle the notion. The market for youth fashion clothing targets includes consumers aged between 13 and 24. This fashion market has been quoted to be worth £9.93 billion at the close of 2008, witnessing a 14.9% general increase since 2004. 


"Clothes and accessories are expressions of how we feel, how we see ourselves and how we wish to be treated by others" .Every individual's style of dressing uniquely identifies them which implies - we don't just purchase clothes but an identity as a bonus . 
This look is a kind of street style inspiration that I took from the @menfashioner website . Lj trend or the leather jacket trend is always living up to what real fashion is all about when you pair it up with a right tee or a shirt . 
Leather jackets  will always be on trend , I feel people need not experiment so much on their look , it's not about the variety that matters it is perhaps your personal sense of style that they should feel  comfortable  with .
I don't know why so many fashion bugs these days have an urge to experience looks that don't fit in them & end up becoming a big " NAD " non acceptable disaster in the fashion metre. This look is so much about being grungy , comfy and the classic chic look carried by " I wore my style ". 
Military/camo/printed trench coat is one thing you should be having in your wardrobe if you guys are following up " what's in " ? This season . 
The grunge look from the hip-hop fashion brought together heavy bling jewellery in conjunction with scruffy dressing style. Teenagers with this style of dressing usually wear over-sized baggy jeans without a belt, also known as 'loose' and 'ghetto'. 

The hip-pop culture first seems to have emerged among the Black youth in New York City's Bronx during the mid 1970's. Initial expressions of hip-pop culture were spray-painted graffiti, break dancing, rap music and clothes with logos.
 The middle class emulated the fashion norms that were usually set by the high-class people but hip-pop has turned around that trend. 

As noted earlier, music artists and bands play a major role in influencing the mindset of teenagers in fashion.
As emphasized earlier, the grunge look is mostly popular among the younger crowd. Introduction of the baggy jeans style was a significant social fashion statement that has is being widely accepted among the teenagers currently. A factor that contributes to this current craze is comfort.


 Teenagers these days refuse to agree to the adult standards of neat and smart dressing sense. Loose fitting (baggy) urban wear are more comfortable than tight clothing. So here I present " the return of the grunge look " in collaboration with @iworemystyle 

This is all for the today & I definitely hope you guys enjoyed going through .
Love , spot the trend 
Keep following xx



Outfit details 
Spot the trend 
Denim-Levis
tee - Fbloc 
Trench coat- Asos
Eyewear -Bfablove
Bag - Accessories 


I wore my style 

Denim- zara
Denim Shirt- mango
Jacket- vero moda
Shoes- forever 21.

I can't wait to collaborate with the @bodyshopindia for my next blogpost . Keep updated . Bye ! Thanks for reading. 

Photography by - Sriya Gurung 
Location - Kolkata 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bohemian fashion show 2016

Hello everybody , I'm so glad to announce that I will be collaborating with the Jack hogs entertainment for the upcoming fashion show this Saturday . This time the theme highlights the essence of the " summer season " and the outfits that you can wear casually anytime anyday. The " boho chic " never fails to go out of trend , they represent girls with the independent soul , confident and beautiful . This Saturday the models (boys/girls )will flaunt the " bohemian fashion " and will take your heart and soul to the festive and colorful life of the Bohemian people . So have patience , Mark your dates because this is one event you don't want to miss right ?  The term  " Bohemian " is applied to people who live unconventional, usually artistic, lives. The adherents of the " Bloomsbury Group ", which formed around the Stephen sisters,  Vanessa Bell  and  Virginia Woolf in the early 20th century, are among the best-known examples. The

RAMAILO ART CAFE - Kalimpong

       Namastey readers. Last few days at Kalimpong and then it's all about getting back to the metro city & starting my normal hectic yet interesting life with college & blog events. As my blog-work base is Kolkata at present in these past months I blogged for some of the finest hotels , restaurants & cafes in the city . My ideal motive is to collaborate everything relating to creativity or a work of art with fashion. As a lifestyle blogger through the medium of fashion , food , art & literature I have been able to relate to the mass and conduct some good social surveys . Spot the trend always launches a new column every month and this November it's time for - CAFE OF THE MONTH update.                                    ' Kalimpong is the beautiful town where I belong , I'm not shy that I belong to the mountains or the hills . My culture is definitely my pride and the people here are my moral source of inspiration. Kalimpong is the heart of the hills

SPOT THE TREND SPOTS : KOLKATA FASHION WALK 2 by Tribonista , The Swiss Laundry and PenTwister

Namastae everybody , welcome to my official lifestyle blog SPOT THE TREND .  When I started blogging 4 years back , I had no idea on how influential and important this can get when time passes by , certainly it's not just about creativity, writing skills , photography or your public status on your social profiles. Blogging has so much to do with reaching with the mass and influencing them to the core every single day. Fashion is always where my heart is but the reason Spot the trend had to go beyond fashion is because people were more curious to know about the events that I have been organising since 3 years after I joined Kolkata - oh what a city it is ❤️ Hence I changed the Fashion blog to a lifestyle blog covering up Fashion , food , events and skincare giving a wide ride range of absolute information on what's new and what's trending ! Currently based in Kolkata full time , I have had a wonderful and a learning experience till date with the blogging community here . Als