Skip to main content

10 Best places to party in Kolkata !

Hello and a warm Namaste everybody , welcome to my lifestyle blog -  SPOT THE TREND . Moving on to the city had been so challenging when I took this decision three years back but now when I see on the little things that I have achieved or learnt so far I have no regrets at all . The city life has polished me to become a WARRIOR  and deal with my own battle with confidence and self esteem. I started young at 17 and have been doing events here in Kolkata and in my hometown Kalimpong since there years. 
Weekend Night outs , Fashion shows , Northeast events and some social events too .  But to be honest I think Fashion shows are my baseline and definitely love of my life . I  have already organised more than 50 + events and definitely more to come. When I started it few years back , a lot of people discouraged me and surprisingly they were also from the same field of events. I didn't want to be their COMPETITOR to be really honest here  , I just wanted a simple help and get few ideas here and there like every new comer from any industry would love to . But then NO - most of them made me work for FREE , didn't pay me on time , hours of hardwork from hosting to organising and at the end they wouldn't even appreciate. But I'm so glad I faced all these situation and differentation when I started it off , today I can keep my head held high and say - I might not be on the leading board ,  well I just hope to do good work and not be on the race to top the list  ( but then that's your point of view ) I can proudly say , I have no GODFATHER , I paved my way - I struggled , I worked hard and I made it till here. To all those who inspires to take a positive step in events , just believe in yourself and be absolutely comitted to work and the interest you have . Nobody can stop you on achieving things you deserve. when you get into a profession - YOU DON'T MANAGE , YOU CHARGE ! So respect your work and don't work for free. WORD it is - don't you agree ? ( smiles)



That was a little bit of background on how events has been an important part of my career  along with Blogging and ofcourse my regular studies after I moved on to Kolkata - the city I definitely love ❤️

Today I'm going to let you all know about the 10 places you can actually go to party if you are in Kolkata . So here it is , SPOT THE TREND PRESENTS - 10 BEST PLACES TO PARTY IN KOLKATA !


The city that has my love and deep respect and the cultural  capital of the nation - KOLKATA used to have a great nightlife till 2010, but due to certain issues, there was a ban on late night parties .  But the fun-loving and definitely what you call the "party animals " or party enthusiast  of the citycouldn't  drift  themselves from nightclubs and the happening yet safe night life in Kolkata  . One can now find good and quality nightclubs and entertain themselves. Though confined to a specific corner of the city the list is fair enough for you to choose on what I have mentioned in the blog post . Shout out to Uber/ola and local taxi services here in Kolkata for reaching most of them safe at home after parties. One good facility we live for . So thankful ! Through this blog I would also like to convey my message on " Don't drink and drive ". Keep yourself safe !

So here it is , in no particular order the Top 10  places you should definitely visit if you want to party in Kolkata.

1 - Roxy, The Park . 

It is known best for its cocktails and the bar which is cave-like and reflects the design of the 60s. It gives a lot of choice in the bar and you can also enjoy your drinks  on the comfortable sitting arrangement.  The well-designed dance floor with differently lit neon-lights, groovy and heart thumping music will not allow you to stop dancing all night . It has “Girls Night Out” on Thursdays ( very much popular and always full house scenes ) and hence it  is widely famous amongst the ladies who loves to party here.


The high-quality food has Indian and Chinese cuisine to choose from. Personally if you ask me , I love Roxy for it gives me international vibes and the music is so on point , definitely tops my list on where I would love to party. So hashtag #teamroxy☺️














2 TANTRA - This was one of the very first places that I was introduced to when I first came to Kolkata. 


Situated at Park Street this place has been regularly and frequently visited by national and international DJs for their performances. This is one of the  biggest nightclub in the city spread on 5000 Sq.ft over two floors and two bars.




The bar has a detailed range of liquor and the food served is great. I love the bar area for it is spacious and neatly decorated with charismatic lights and fire balls. It has theme events these days , which adds up so much to the popularity of this place . TANTRA it is !








Address: The Park, 17, Park Street, Park Street Are

For my Instagram followers who always inquire me about where do I take those mirror selfies that I keep posting often with proper lighting , that is the lounge area of the Park hotel . So when you  visit Roxy or TANTRA next time , don't forget to take a picture in the ever so controversial mirror and hashtag #spotthetrend☺️ 



3 - CLUB BOUDOIR

Club Boudoir is located in Shakespeare Sarani , near FBB store Kolkata . Check  the location here.


https://maps.google.co.in/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en-in&client=safari&dlnr=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=in&entry=s&sa=X&ftid=0x3a02771ecbf6a835:0xe533c9b77756a684&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D


It is one of the newly opened , international based club here and is already very popular. I have heard people giving me reviews like " this club is something different from the rest ".It is very well maintained and the service is absolutely excellent.


Photo sessions on fleek 










The best part about Club Boudoir is ofcourse the Dance floor, it is huge and extra spacious. 



Just last week Mtv celebrity Nikhil Chinapa performed in club Boudoir and definitely the club was frequently getting all that social networking attention the entire week.  Pay a visit here and make the most of it !



4 - Nocturne 

Located in  Sarani, Jasmine Tower HSBC Building . Space which is 3000 Sq.ft has a bar which is the longest in the city and has different sections. The basement has a coffee shop look and hookah area ! The lounge level is where the party happens, which also has the dance floor with a magnificent sound system. 


The food and the drinks are irresistible. No one can resist even the whole concept served at this nightclub of the city.

Shout out to Nocturne as this is also close by to Boudoir ☺️












5 - The Myx , Park Street


Winner of the Best Nightclub 2016, Times Food & Nightlife award, owner - Vicky Metharamani is a veteran Dj. The Penthouse nightclub has a façade made of sandstone with lights emitting. Justifying its name it is a mix of food, music, and nightclub on the first floor. The dance floor, 3300 Sq.ft area can accommodate around 300 people and has an 18feet high ceiling. Level one has a three-sided bar, which is the biggest amongst all the bars present there. 

Food and the resident Djs will set the pace for all other things. Definitely , Myx is your must visit so plan out right now !


7) Shisha Bar - Stock Exchange, Camac Street


 I visited this place a year back and I absolutely loved it , relatively economical nightclub and  has good food . A wide range of liquor and a great music to attract young people ( especially the college going students) 


The ambiance is excellent and the bar is well- furnished. This is one of the first Hookah bars and the aroma of the multi-flavored hookah will take on your senses the moment you enter. If you are planing to go places with your friends try this one.



8 -Aqua Poolside Lounge, The Park Hotel

The warm ambience , the lovely music and the well-equipped lounge will set the mood right for a date or to unwind and relax with the closest friend. The magical color of the pool and the mesmesrising soft music combined with international and classic wines will pleasantly surprise you. What is most important is the way you are pampered here , definitely ! 








9 - Masque Lounge 

It is located near to JW MARRIOT , Kolkata. Check the location details below : 


https://maps.google.co.in/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en-in&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=in&entry=s&sa=X&ftid=0x3a02769d98ad893b:0xc166e229ba6d15e4&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D

A lot of people might just pin point me for adding Masque lounge to my list but I dare you not , in any way round Masque lounge is very popular amongst the northeastern , Chinese and Bhutaense Crowd here in Kolkata.


 The food and drinks in a very limited price adds up so much to the popularity of this lounge among the college going students as well. This was one of the first lounge where I hosted my event here in Kolkata. Friday's and Saturdays are always Housefull here. Saturday's are meant for northeast parties and which is one of a kind in Kolkata and the crowd never misses it .







Hugely appreciated by the northeast youth Masque lounge is definitely and has to be on the blogger's list. 


10 - Park Plaza

Location  details : Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge
Hotel
2.9 km · 17 Garcha, 1st Lane



The reason I'm writing down about this place is most of the readers inquire and always have questions on where does the most happening pool party happen in Kolkata , It happens in Park Plaza and the very renowned Decible organises it. So glad to see someone from the hills doing so good in this industry , an inspiration already - Shout out to the man behind Decible - Mr . Mohanish Lama.


If you want to keep yourself updated with Decible events kindly like and follow the official page of Decible on Face book and Instagram. 











So this is it , I hope you guys enjoyed reading and hopefully this was informative for all those who were looking for a place to chill and party . Till then stay safe , don't drink and drive after party and yes keep following SPOT THE TREND.
Dhanyabad , ️Thankyou ☺️




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bohemian fashion show 2016

Hello everybody , I'm so glad to announce that I will be collaborating with the Jack hogs entertainment for the upcoming fashion show this Saturday . This time the theme highlights the essence of the " summer season " and the outfits that you can wear casually anytime anyday. The " boho chic " never fails to go out of trend , they represent girls with the independent soul , confident and beautiful . This Saturday the models (boys/girls )will flaunt the " bohemian fashion " and will take your heart and soul to the festive and colorful life of the Bohemian people . So have patience , Mark your dates because this is one event you don't want to miss right ?  The term  " Bohemian " is applied to people who live unconventional, usually artistic, lives. The adherents of the " Bloomsbury Group ", which formed around the Stephen sisters,  Vanessa Bell  and  Virginia Woolf in the early 20th century, are among the best-known examples. The

SPOT THE TREND SPOTS : KOLKATA FASHION WALK 2 by Tribonista , The Swiss Laundry and PenTwister

Namastae everybody , welcome to my official lifestyle blog SPOT THE TREND .  When I started blogging 4 years back , I had no idea on how influential and important this can get when time passes by , certainly it's not just about creativity, writing skills , photography or your public status on your social profiles. Blogging has so much to do with reaching with the mass and influencing them to the core every single day. Fashion is always where my heart is but the reason Spot the trend had to go beyond fashion is because people were more curious to know about the events that I have been organising since 3 years after I joined Kolkata - oh what a city it is ❤️ Hence I changed the Fashion blog to a lifestyle blog covering up Fashion , food , events and skincare giving a wide ride range of absolute information on what's new and what's trending ! Currently based in Kolkata full time , I have had a wonderful and a learning experience till date with the blogging community here . Als

RAMAILO ART CAFE - Kalimpong

       Namastey readers. Last few days at Kalimpong and then it's all about getting back to the metro city & starting my normal hectic yet interesting life with college & blog events. As my blog-work base is Kolkata at present in these past months I blogged for some of the finest hotels , restaurants & cafes in the city . My ideal motive is to collaborate everything relating to creativity or a work of art with fashion. As a lifestyle blogger through the medium of fashion , food , art & literature I have been able to relate to the mass and conduct some good social surveys . Spot the trend always launches a new column every month and this November it's time for - CAFE OF THE MONTH update.                                    ' Kalimpong is the beautiful town where I belong , I'm not shy that I belong to the mountains or the hills . My culture is definitely my pride and the people here are my moral source of inspiration. Kalimpong is the heart of the hills