Skip to main content

WHEN DREAMS BECAME GOALS "HUMANS OF KALIMPONG"


Namastay lovely readers , my new post is up . In these past few weeks of my blogging journey I have been doing varieties of shoots & online research on men fashioner mostly. Hence my previous posts are all based on the core idea of fashion & I'm so thankful to the readers who made a point of going through my blog & appreciated it much.  This means a lot.
  Since I took a week break from all the shoots & outdoor activities I have decided to put something unique for the readers today. This is perhaps going to be very special and extra ordinary because this post has nothing to do with fashion and is prolly concerned to open the social minds & rise up the youth spirit in today's generation.

Well I'm not perfect and I have still so much things to do in my life but I feel the little I have learnt about life I should be contributing my good wills for the betterment of my society. 
Yes Kalimpong is probably the love of my life , since I have my educational background from here this place has surely lived up to all my expectations and I feel its the very best.
When I finished highschool & left for my university course at Kolkata I felt like Kalimpong needs to be highlighted in every sphejre. I wanted to make my efforts effective on one of those vacations where one of my school junior & myself came up with an idea of opening a page " Humans of Kalimpong " potraying different lifestyle issues and pictures from this beautiful town of Kalimpong. Yes of course this page has its roots from the Humans of new York page perhaps that's how we got motivated and a proper idea with much planning sessions made both of us belief that this was it & we could start up and run a page eventually.

Project Gods child: interview with the kids
I have always believed that Kalimpong has given me so much than I deserve and its my time to give back to the town the little I can and what Better than coming up with a proper society " Humans of kalimpong " or the HOK . Certainly when we started together last year it was very difficult . We made an official page & promoted it widely , we got lots of appreciations & feedbacks from everybody. 
 Definitely we started " small " , we didnt have proper video cameras to shoot neither we had professional cameras in hand to assist us in our work. Yes it was just the two of us doing late night  reasearch on social causes and social activities .
 Later we started with road interviews  with a camera and a scripted notepad where questions were pre preparedd to avoid general confusions. 
This was just so interesting and the first day went so well and hence the overflowing comments & feedbacks were very major and this gave us more hopes & encouragement. Road interviews was interesting because we went on meeting people from different age factor & occupation.
  We met vendors , drivers , barbers , local people , students , senior citizens ,traffic police & many more and they were very nice to us and we made them very comfortable with our questions which made them feel happy and proud of who they are & what are they giving back to the society.














Major interview: The man who runs the tribal orphanage for the orphans in kalimpong 
Yes the success story has a lot to cover , this journey from being just a page to the society now is just commendable . It didn't happen on a blink of an eye , lots of hardwork that was put in made this effort really effective and work. Road interviews continued where we posted pictures with their best answers and views on the related questions. This was done regularly but we are doing monthly as for now. Later some of our school teachers were more than eager to help this page grow and somehow the page had its official origin from then.
We got unending posts , messages in facebook which made us feel that people are liking this new aspect of Hok. Little success that counts , we always neglected the negative aspect of " we cant " and through our will and determination. We made it " we can " and made it happen. We are still thankful to the people all across for this wide support. Now Humans of kalimpong is associated with schools & charities all over Kalimpong and takes up social project promoting youth participants .
 Major achievement is the Project gods child months back where the team of HOk chose few kids from the town and village area for sponsorship. Town visits to all the old age homes and orphanages were also made promoting the wide message that this society didn't just opt for youth causes but also covered up all the aspects and necessities of charities and orphanages in town areas. Special thank you to these photograhers who assisted us in our town visit projects and special mention to world vision kakimpong for being the source of inspiration
Now that our write up and pictures are ready , we are looking for good sponsorships for the magazine so that we could reach out to the mass through printed magazines with the pictures accordingly as the main thing which was appreciated were the cover stories from the local interviews here. We also hope to update Hok on weekly or daily basis and cover up everything that is in and around kalimpong. So far the society is going good and we are happy that it is progressing widely.  Thank you oh lord.
I feel more than even privileged that I got to do this and the dreams I had for Hok is going stable and working for a better tomorrow.

Certainly kalimpong has so many talented people great musicians writers and entertainers who needs to be highlighted and their talents should not go in vain. Hok has always tried to look for the person who is not really famous but who has got all the qualities and the willingness to do it. We encourage those souls and people who dare to do if.
My personal experience as an activist in Hok has broadened my horizons in what I feel about my society. The more I get deep and ponder about my culture my people my place my town the more I get to learn and let me tell you all its refreshing every time.
  The road interview , the village visits where I took part in has made my thoughts rise to the level that  I don't have dreams anymore in life , I have major goals. Certainnly Hok is the best thing that happend to me and I'm so glad to be a part of it.
This is all for today , I had to make this post simple and let people know cos every time I would meet people or else they would be sending messages mails out of curiosity as to how does Hok work so positively .I hope this post reaches to the mass and I also hope and pray that every step I take in Hok goes on uplifting " the state of mankind & mentality " for sure people needs to be think more positive and wide about everything . only then the world will perhaps be a Better place to live in. Spread good vibes everyone   , god bless you all 👍😀
thankyou

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bohemian fashion show 2016

Hello everybody , I'm so glad to announce that I will be collaborating with the Jack hogs entertainment for the upcoming fashion show this Saturday . This time the theme highlights the essence of the " summer season " and the outfits that you can wear casually anytime anyday. The " boho chic " never fails to go out of trend , they represent girls with the independent soul , confident and beautiful . This Saturday the models (boys/girls )will flaunt the " bohemian fashion " and will take your heart and soul to the festive and colorful life of the Bohemian people . So have patience , Mark your dates because this is one event you don't want to miss right ?  The term  " Bohemian " is applied to people who live unconventional, usually artistic, lives. The adherents of the " Bloomsbury Group ", which formed around the Stephen sisters,  Vanessa Bell  and  Virginia Woolf in the early 20th century, are among the best-known examples. The

SPOT THE TREND SPOTS : KOLKATA FASHION WALK 2 by Tribonista , The Swiss Laundry and PenTwister

Namastae everybody , welcome to my official lifestyle blog SPOT THE TREND .  When I started blogging 4 years back , I had no idea on how influential and important this can get when time passes by , certainly it's not just about creativity, writing skills , photography or your public status on your social profiles. Blogging has so much to do with reaching with the mass and influencing them to the core every single day. Fashion is always where my heart is but the reason Spot the trend had to go beyond fashion is because people were more curious to know about the events that I have been organising since 3 years after I joined Kolkata - oh what a city it is ❤️ Hence I changed the Fashion blog to a lifestyle blog covering up Fashion , food , events and skincare giving a wide ride range of absolute information on what's new and what's trending ! Currently based in Kolkata full time , I have had a wonderful and a learning experience till date with the blogging community here . Als

RAMAILO ART CAFE - Kalimpong

       Namastey readers. Last few days at Kalimpong and then it's all about getting back to the metro city & starting my normal hectic yet interesting life with college & blog events. As my blog-work base is Kolkata at present in these past months I blogged for some of the finest hotels , restaurants & cafes in the city . My ideal motive is to collaborate everything relating to creativity or a work of art with fashion. As a lifestyle blogger through the medium of fashion , food , art & literature I have been able to relate to the mass and conduct some good social surveys . Spot the trend always launches a new column every month and this November it's time for - CAFE OF THE MONTH update.                                    ' Kalimpong is the beautiful town where I belong , I'm not shy that I belong to the mountains or the hills . My culture is definitely my pride and the people here are my moral source of inspiration. Kalimpong is the heart of the hills